Monday, February 1, 2010

Things that make you go "Hmm..."

Yesterday Mark and I were on our way home from his hometown. We had gone there to meet up with some old buddies of his that he was in a musical with (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) 12 years ago. We had an amazing time. I love spending time and getting to know old friends of his. For starters, it just affirms once again what a great guy I married because of the calibur of friends he invested in when he was younger. Also, it's just nice to reminice about old memories, but make new memories today.
However, after having my eyes cross and drift to the back of my head from exhaustion on Saturday night we went back to Mark's parents where we inevitably had a semi-long night with the kiddos. (Drew, nicknamed "Creepy", keeps sneaking out of his room in the middle of the night and I find him just standing there staring at me...thumb in mouth, blanket in hand.) When we were on our way home yesterday I kept thinking about the things that needed to get done around the house:grocery shopping, work-out, fold one of the zillion baskets of laundry in our room, etc. But what I said to Mark was ,"When we get home I need to blog." Blogging has become my priority! But the sad thing is...I sat down today to blog and I already have writer's block!!!! This is not good, not good at all. But in an effort to keep this going and not let all of my 7 loyal followers down (hahahaha) I thought I would write today about nothing. Gosh, can you imagine what a Seinfeld episode about blogging would be like? So great!
I have titles to my blogs replaying in my head over and over, but I can't seem to think of what to write past the title. oh well, maybe I can write my lfe in a sequence of titles rather than stories, but that wouldn't be any fun. But until I can think of something to write about that is profound or extremely witty I will just sit back and watch Mark work out while I eat my Vanilla Butter Popcorn (Al's Delicious Popcorn-living like a celebrity in my mind again).
Until next time the Joyful and Tired mom is going to be racking her brain for things to write about for your pleasure!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog about nothing... it is about your life, and that is so much better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete