Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Where is the Love-Snow Day

I have a love/hate relationship with snow. For this post I will focus on the love. I love how beautiful it is. I used to love having a snow day when I went to school. When I was young I loved loved loved playing in the snow. One of my fondest memories is building a snow dog with my dad when we lived in Charleston, WV. The thing was enormous and awesome in the eyes of a 3 year old. I hate driving in it. I so desperately want to recreate a similar memory for my own children and myself. I want them to build something wonderful that we can talk about for years to come. I want them to enjoy creating something that is unique...that I can take tons of pictures of. Unfortunately, I have boys whose primary interest is in having snowball fights, screaming, complaining of either being too hot or too cold in the snow, and then coming inside. I am fine with this now. They are young, and will one day grow to appreciate the snow as much as Mark and I did when we were younger. But for now I'll take pictures of the 15 minutes they were outside (5 of those minutes were spent having fun; the other 10 were spent upset about something). If only their older cousins lived nearby...I know they would spend countless hours building snow forts and snow dogs. Until that day...I'll spend 20 minutes bundling our little munchkins up to enjoy 15 minutes of fun. It's worth it.
Semi-Enjoying the Snow,
The Joyful and Tired Mom
(pictures below include playing outside today, Christmas at my in-laws with the cousins, and a few from a snow day in WV)











1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that Mark takes Zach on the 4 wheeler! Curt takes Ben and he LOVES it, he comes in the house crying "more 4-wheeler!" through his helmet and goggles. I think our parents think it's a little crazy though.

    ReplyDelete