Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Prayer Warriors Needed

Here is my attempt at writing a more serious blog...(deep breath) whew.

Exactly 2 years ago Mark and I faced a crisis in our marriage. It was our darkest hour. Each day my goal was to survive. I survived. Mark survived. And our marriage survived and then began to thrive because of the unwavering love and support from family and friends; and because our God feverishly pursued us and restored us. Because of our understanding of how eaily sin can creep into our lives and destroy, and because of our immense gratitude for those who helped us, and especially for a God that never failed us, Mark and I have decided it is time we offer ourselves, our story, and our lives to marriages/couples in crisis.

We have just decided to join the Crisis Marriage Program at our church as coaches. No, we don't have all the answers. But I will say that when you experience God's faithfulness, restoration, reconciliation, and redemption the way we did it is difficult to not want to shout from the highest mountain top what He has done in our lives, and try to offer hope to other couples that are hurting. In the midst of our crisis one of my best friends said to me, "Let me be the voice of hope for you." It is our desire now to be the voices of hope for those that may have none...or very little.

I am sharing this because we need prayer. We believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-merciful God that loves us inspite of ourselves, and forgives us despite all we say, think, and do. We also believe that the bible is the infallible Word of God. Because of this we know that there is an evil force at work on this earth. Ephesians 6:12 says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

No, our enemy is not an opposite evil equivalent of Jesus, but he is powerful none-the-less. And we know that if our desire is to bring glory to God, he will try to stop, hinder, or slow us down in some way. Because of this we ask for your prayers. Prayers of protection for: our family, our marriage, our children, Mark's job, our friendships, etc. Anything that the Lord may place on your heart to pray, please pray.

We desire for God's truth to be known. His sovereignty to be evident and trusted. And his love to be experienced in very tangible ways for those that need Him to reveal Himself in mighty ways...just as He did for us.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Thank you even more for taking the time to pray.

Blessings,
Lindsey (and Mark)

4 comments:

  1. That's great Lindsey (and Mark)! Beth and I will sign up as prayer warriors... on one condition. You pray for us too! We've promised to also lend our story and time to our church once Divorce Care starts up. We know, probably more than most, what challenges you will face but (so much more) what rewards you will see. God makes us all go through things for a reason... now is your time to GIVE instead of RECIEVE. He'll bless you, I know it!
    We'll pray for protection for your family, marriage and children. Mark's job, your friendships, etc... Can't wait to hear more of how God is using your story to help others.
    Cheers,
    Paul (and Beth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely just said a prayer for ya'll. Sounds like a very brave, Godly decision. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRAYING. I'd love to chat with you more about this . . . I know that satan wants to break up families so stinkin' badly. And it breaks my heart to pieces when I see marriages falling apart. But I know that I am NOT immune. Matt and I have only been married for 3 years, and already, I've seen how quickly satan can sneak in and attack what we have.
    Miss you, friend. So proud of the step that you and Mark are about to take. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you guys- and think the world of you. I am so looking forward to continuing to know you and pursue your friendship along with our Lord's! I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete