Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Glimpse into My Future

As I write this tears are streaming down my cheeks. Only kidding. Just trying to be dramatic...maybe even prophetic as I am sure many tears WILL BE shed as my boys become teenagers and think they own the world and everything in it, and want nothing to do with me or Mark.
How do I know this? Because last night I got a taste of "Teenage Zachary." Sad, I want my sweet baby back.
Yesterday Zachary went to one of his best buddies homes. He had a great time with Dylan and they played hard all day. When he came home he was totally wiped out and didn't want to get off the couch to even go to the bathroom. He was cute and sleepy till he opened his mouth...full of attitude. (To be honest, I don't know where he gets it...stop laughing mom!)
I kept asking him what was wrong. Was he sad? Tired? Mad? "What's wrong buddy? What's wrong? Are you sure you're ok?" He snapped, "I am fine. Nothing is wrong with me. Quit asking me if something is wrong. Nothing is wrong!" To which I responded as any good mother would, "Ok. Come here buddy. We are going to hang out and talk about our feelings." He didn't laugh. I actually got a deep sigh and an eye roll. Already...at 5 he rolled his eyes at me.
Oh well, he will miss me when I'm gone.
Lord Have Mercy on Me,
The Joyful and Tired Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, this sounds JUST LIKE what I get from my 16 year old "Little Guy"! He was always pretty good about telling me what was up, and then it was like a switch flipped....Boom, he was a teen.

    But for your sake, I will hope that this was just a small glimpse into your future world!!

    ReplyDelete