Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Big Announcement

I am so excited to finally write this! The Allen's are moving!!!  Where? Good question...here's the relatively short answer:
Several months ago Mark and I began discussing moving. We had had a very swift and drastic change of heart and mind about the direction we wanted to take our family. For those that believe God speaks to us still today, you can appreciate this...others may think I am a total whack-job (I'm ok with that-I'm sure people have said worse-ha!). We believe that God placed this desire in our hearts, there is no other explanation for this. He led us in thoughtful discussions and decision making. And we chose in September that we would move.
However, we don't know where yet! I know this sounds crazy; but let me explain why we are at peace with the unknown right now.
In the book of Genesis God tells Abraham to leave his home and He would then take him to the land He is giving him. Abraham had to act on faith, and then God took him to his new land. If we believe that God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, like scripture tells us, then why would we believe that this isn't something he would ask of us today.
A few months ago this scripture popped into my mind, and it seems to be what we keep coming back to as we try to make decisions about where to move? What house to buy? Land or no land? Small or big? Old or new? As my realtor so lovingly said to me, "Lindsey, you are insane right now! You're all over the map!" And he's right. And I firmly believe it is because God has not made it clear what the next step of our journey will be, and so we can't decide.  And so we wait.
In the meantime, my incredible parents have opened their home to all of us to live with them until we know the "where" in this next part of our family's journey.
We want to stay close., but we will be leaving our amazing school district. We know things need to change for us if we want to live a life that honors God with our finances, our time, and our talents.
So here we are, stepping out in faith to go where God has called us to go. We are excited! We are working hard to get our house ready for the next family that will move here and make wonderful memories for themselves.
We can't wait to share more as God continues to lead us. No one has ever said following him would not require sacrifice. But anyone who follows Him can tell you it is worth it. He is worth it.

Onto the Next Adventure,
The Joyful and Tired Mom


 
Kids reactions:
Zachary-"Yes, we finally get cable!" And, "I want Uncle Matt's old room."
Drew-"Can I bring my desk?" And, "I want to move tomorrow."
Nate-Does it really matter? He would be angry no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment