Thursday, January 2, 2014

Certifiably Insane

I am. I mean, I have known this for a long time. The writing has been on the wall for awhile. In May I saw the insanity become fruitful and multiply when we had 12 1st graders spend the night for Zachary's birthday. 12. But you know, the night was fun because we were able to play outside. And by "we", I mean Mark was able to play outside and be the bad guy in a rousing game of glow stick tag.
But today, while the blizzard is bearing down on us, and we are all trapped inside, and the snow isn't good playing snow, I have 6 boys over. 6 wild, wonderful, Nerf gun loving boys that are having "EPIC" battles together. I love it. I love the noise. I love that they are all having fun. I love that other mama's get a little break. However, I am insane. And I swear, if one more child spies on me in my bedroom and shoots an arrow at my head while I put on mascara, I may scream. Silently, or over a text message (AAAAAH!), but I will most certainly scream.
It is pretty awesome though. I love these well-behaved boys that are here. They bring out the best in my boys. Their joy is contagious. And their laughter makes me smile from ear to ear.
But let it be known...if you stop by our home today, it will be a mess, and I will not explain it away. I am embracing the crazy today. And tonight I will turn on a movie, pop popcorn, and not feel bad that my kids are zoning out in front of the tv for a few hours. And I will have some much needed alone time.
How are you spending your time stuck inside?
Much love and Chaos,
The Joyful and Tired and Insane Mom

1 comment:

  1. They grow up so fast. Love on them while you have them.

    ReplyDelete