Friday, December 13, 2013

The Glamorous Life of Motherhood

Well, I wouldn't chalk this day up as my best. Close, but not my best.
I had 2 of my boys in tears by 7:30 A.M. and had already called Mark with no control over my tongue. I was in the basement cussing up a storm, near tears myself, telling him he needed to come home.  After my freak out I can proudly say that I texted him and told him that I could, in fact, handle this day on my own.  But there were several moments when I wasn't sure.
Starting the day with breakfast, homework, and endless fights and whining between Child #2 and Child #3, plus searching high and low for a missing IPod that I am convinced was abducted by aliens last night, never to be seen again...makes for a crazy hectic morning. 
Then, I took a moment to sit down with my boys and Nate lovingly covered me with a blanket to rest. After a few minutes I realize that the blanket I was laying under is covered, and I do mean STEEPED in urine. Nate can blame the dog all he wants. I am semi-convinced that he peed all over that thing and then put on his sweet face to "take care" of me and cover me with it.  It's all part of his evil plan to break me down one moment at a time, and then take over our home, and then the world.
After freaking out and throwing everything in the wash, Drew started crying because, "No matter how many times I wash my hands, they still smell like poop from wiping!" (If you're keeping track, that's now 3 kids in tears.) I swear, he would do anything to get out of wiping his own rear...just ask our friends, the Boyer's, or his Aunt Janie's mom.
So we had "Operation: Make Your Hands Not Smell Like Poo."  I am thrilled to announce that our operation was a success. Whew. Not P-U, but whew.
All in a days work I guess. Isn't this what I dreamt about as a little girl? Motherhood in all it's glory!
This picture I found on Pinterest really paints the perfect picture of motherhood. The only thing it's missing is a baby attached to the mom via a Baby Bjorn and a dog licking her feet.  Looking forward to the rest of my day, and my alone time in the bathroom-ha!
 
 
Many Motherhood Blessings,
The Joyful and Tired Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment