Thursday, December 12, 2013

Merry Christmas Everyone!


 
Merry Christmas
We hope that 2013 has been a wonderful year for each of you: full of life, love, and thanksgiving. And if it hasn’t been full of thanksgiving yet, it may be after you read our family letter.  Yes, pretending to be perfect and paint a perfect picture of our year is exhausting. So while our transparency in life may make some cringe (especially my mother), we feel it is a disservice to gloss over all the “good” stuff.

Zachary: Our big guy is 8 ½ years old, and pretty incredible. He has the integrity and strength of character that most adults would admire. Many days I stand in awe of him.  He just got braces this past summer and has spent much of his time this year honing his skills of teeth brushing.  Still a work in progress; but our hope is that practice will eventually make perfect.   He is unbelievably smart.  I am confident that I have one more year before he realizes he is smarter than me. And he also believes he is quite the joke teller. (Deep sigh) Mark and I are constantly telling ourselves that even Johnny Carson or Ellen Degenerous had to start somewhere, right. Right?!!!!!

Drew: Oh, our sweet Drew.  We have come a long way since the days of catching him brushing his penis with one of his brother’s toothbrushes.  (Yes, I did just say penis in a Christmas letter. You’re welcome.)  Drew started kindergarten this year and is amazing. We always kept our fingers crossed about this one (and a military school brochure in our back pocket).  We were never quite sure how he would be in school.  Would he try to be the funny kid, or the studious student?  We were blown away and grateful when during conferences his teacher said, “If I had a classroom full of Drew’s I would be so happy. He does what is right, even when no one is looking.” Say what?!  He loves school, loves learning, and is becoming quite the little artist. He has discovered a love for all things “art”, which intimidates me because I, nor Mark, have graduated past Stick Figures 101.

Nate: He’s trying to kill me.

Mark and Lindsey: We love this crazy life with our family.  However, every day when Mark calls on his lunch break he isn’t sure whether I will answer the phone laughing because of our awesome kids, or crying because Nate mentally gave me the finger again.  Either way though, we are grateful that this crazy life is the life we get to call our own.  Our heads hit the pillow most nights in total exhaustion, but we wouldn’t have it any other way.  As Mark said a few weeks ago, “I think raising 3 boys is a badge of honor…if we survive.”  And it is!  I am not sure why God entrusts these precious little lives to us, but He has.  And Mark and I are eternally grateful.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mark, Lindsey, Zachary, Drew, and Nate



No comments:

Post a Comment