Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Mean, For Real?

There is such a difference between my boys, it's unbelievable.
My favorite company to get things for my boys is Mindware. They call themselves "The Brainy Toys for Kids of All Ages." I love everything because my boys like to solve puzzles and create projects, and figure out how things work, especially Zachary.  I was looking through their catalog again and seeing all these cool science experiments that Zachary would love: Candy Chemistry, Rootvue Farm, Make Your Own Chewing Gum, That's Gross Science Lab, etc. One thing I saw though that I'm sad we didn't get for Z this year, a 4-in-1 Cool Tool Workshop. The description "Young carpenters can safely create and build projects using this combination drill press, jigsaw, sander, and lathe..."  Yes, I would consider getting my 8 year old a jigsaw, sander, drill press, and lathe.  I think Zachary is responsible enough for this toy.
My other boys, not so much.
Two days ago I had to tell one of my younger boys not to shove a toy up his butt while taking a bath, because I caught him trying to do it. He asked why. Why can't you shove Captain Hook up your butt? Because if you do we'll have to go to the hospital, take an x-ray, and then that picture will end up all over facebook, pinterest, and our Christmas card next year because you have a mean mom.
Seasons Greetings!
The Joyful and Tired Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment