Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Love This Life

Have you ever just been so ridiculously thankful for the life you have been given? Not because it is perfect-those of you who know me know that isn't the case. Not because your house is perfect or you have a perfect job. Not because your kids always behave just as they should...mine are close, but...hahahahaha...
No, you just sit back and reflect on the good things in your world and you get that wonderful feeling of contentment as you look at your life and the family you have been given.
I am having one of those mornings today. I am just giddy inside at how much I love this life I have been given, and my family that has been fought for. It could be because I am sittinig in silence right now drinking my coffee and the kids aren't screaming at one another or pulling ONE MORE popcicle out of the freezer. Or it could be that there are times when the presence of God and His sovereignty in my life and His blessings are so apparent that I can't do anything but be grateful and bask in the joys of this life. Whatever it is, and I am thankful to God for this morning, and for this day.
It's just good. God is good. Life is good. I love my family. I love my community. I love my friends. I just love this life.
Thank you Jesus for the opportunity to live it.
Grateful,
The Very Joyful and not so Tired Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment