Monday, May 10, 2010

Knock Knock...Who's There?...Mother's Day



I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day...whether you were celebrating your own motherhood, or your fabulous mom! And yes, I spent the day celebrating with my kiddos and husband, and with a little nap. But I did get to spend Saturday night with my incredible mom who has given of herself to her children and family for 30 years! She's amazing and I know how absolutely blessed I am to have her. I love you mom!

For Mother's Day I woke up to flowers, a special "splurge" coffee, a wonderful card that Zachary was so excited about (because it had butterflies and "You love them," as he says), and a trip to breakfast for a delicious meal I didn't have to prepare, cook, or clean-up. We went to church-fabulous. Came home and ate a great lunch: sloppy joe's and french fries, 2 of my favorties. I devoured and indulged because I know that on Mother's Day God blesses women with allowing them to be a glutten and not have any calories count. It's true. It's in Galatians. Ha. Later in the day Mark and I went to Iron Man. Yes, this was my pick, but Mark was beyond thrilled. He was able to relax too on Mother's Day.

My favorite part of the day came in the form of a joke. As we were getting ready to go out the door
Zachary says to me:
-"Knock Knock"
My resonse:
-"Who's there?"
-"Zachary."
-"Zachary Who?"
-"Zachary's penis drinking coffee. But don't worry, it's cold coffee so I won't burn my wiener."
(I know I shouldn't be laughing at potty humor, but come on-that was funny.)

It was a great day. I can't believe these little guys are ours and that God has entrusted them to us. And I can't believe how quickly they are growing up. I cried at breakfast as I watched Zachary cut his own pancake using a knife and a fork. And then almost became emotional again when Mark informed me that Zachary used the urinal for the first time at the restaurant. Drew is growing so quickly and his face just looks like a little boy more and more each day. And Nate doesn't even resemble the infant we brought home 6 months ago. It is going so fast.

I am thankful. I am thankful that I have three healthy, beauitful, rambuctious boys. And I am so thankful to Jesus that he has given me a husband that never makes me feel like I carry the child rearing/house duties on my own. Mark's support, love, and encouragement sustains me. And although it was a wonderful day where my family celebrated me in my role as "mom", the reality is that any part of me that could be considered a good mom is because of the Lord and all the amazing support He has surrounded me with during this time in my life.

Thankful and Loving Jesus,
The Joyful and Tired Mom

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a great day! I literally spit all over my computer reading Z's joke. It was pretty, I admit :-P

    Can't wait to see you all! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kid is AWESOME. I adore your boys.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked out your blog from the link on Mommy Bloggers....love this Mother's Day post! Potty humor never gets old when it comes from a cute little mouth, in my book anyway......
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete