Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dang You Wii

I have a love-hate relationship with our Wii. I love it because when I do the yoga and strength training exercises on it I do feel stronger. I do feel like my core is being strengthened. And it does motivated me to do more to get back to where my body just feels really good, really healthy, and really strong. I also love that it has games on it that challenge Zachary's core muscles and build's strength and balance that help his sensory issues in so many ways...and he doesn't even realize he is working.
I have moments though, where I despise that Wii with all the fury that is in me. And I confess, I have cussed it out a time or two. The thing knows all the right emotional buttons to push that nearly drive me to tears. "It's a machine. It can't trigger such an emotional response." Oh yes it can. Yes it can.
Today I hopped on for the first time in a while...3 months to be exact. When I stepped on the Wii board, instead of giving me a polite, "Welcome back Lindsey," the stupid Wii makes this sound, "Oh?" As if to say, "Yikes you heffer. Shouldn't have taken three montsh off of me. Help me. Help me. You are breaking my back." I know the thing doesn't have a back, but whatever. It sure as heck acts like it does! And then, has anyone customized their Mii? If you haven't done this before what you are doing is creating a character, that is supposed to resemble you, in the virtual Wii world. Pretty amazing actually. And I do love my mii. She always has great hair, an adorable pink shirt that doesn't have spit up all over it, and is constantly smiling. She's delightful really. Anyway, if you are going to use Wii Fit to get in shape you create your character and then you select your height and the size shape you think resembles you. After you have created your character you stand on the balance board and it weighs you. If you are a little heftier than your Mii would indicate the Wii will change your body type and make you more portly looking!!!!! I am not joking. It's unbelievable! Talk about making someone that could alreay be self conscious even more so!
Thank you very much Wii, but I did just have a 3rd child and am not back in fighting form yet. Was it totally necessary to make me look like I was 8 months pregnant again?! Nothing inspires me more at this moment to take the extra baby weight off then to hopefully gain the respect of my Wii, and gain some dignity back by having my Mii look fit and trim again.
Not as Hefty as That Thing Tells Me I Am,
The Joyful and Tired Mii, I mean, Mom

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful. You are HOT. And you are an insanely awesome mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have felt the reproach of my Mii. It actually calls me by the wrong name on purpose if I've been gone "too long."
    THEN IT LAUGHS at me, I have been known to AVOID the dumb thing just to keep from getting jeered at. rock on for showing it a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the same delightful experiences with Wii Fit. Bekah likes to play it (with a lot of help)using my Mii because I've unlocked more activities. When she wants to use my Mii she says "I want to be fat Bekah"...nice.

    ReplyDelete