Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Be Positive, Atleast You Aren't Drinking"

Today was a doozy...and not the good kind of Double Doozy at the cookie shop at our mall. It was a rough one. My friend Stephanie told me today to just have zero expectations except to make it through the day. I did lower my expectations, but seriouly, I would like to have the bar raised high enough that I expect them to act like humans. Seriously, today they were like feral children. At one point I was cleaning the kitchen and they were in the room next to me and I heard something slam to the floor-what was it? Oh, a rock...not a pebble...A ROCK! They were playing catch with a large rock while their baby brother sat on the floor watching them, totally amused. Lots of screaming. Lots of fighting. Lots of telling on each other. Lots of making mommy want to cry, or just eat tons of chocolate and chips.
And that is what I did. We went to a cheap little mexican restaurant by our house. I ate tons of tortilla chips, and then I walked over to the ice cream shop and got 2scoops of ice cream in a waffle cone and devoured it before I made it home. My stomach is so full that I may look pregnant. And if anyone were to ask me if I were I think I may lie and just tell them 'yes.' And then when they ask how far along I am I'll tell them I am due in 2 weeks. That way they will think, 'Wow, that woman looks amazing for being ready to have a baby.' Yep, I have thought a lot about this.
Honestly though, the boys fought the bulk of the morning. But immediately after I dropped Zachary off at school Drew says to me, "I miss my best friend Zach-y." Melt my heart.
As much as they fight, they still love each other more than I can even comprehend. And as grouchy as I was with them today Zachary still looked at me on the way into school and said, "I wanted to give you lots of hugs and kisses to make you feel better." I am melting again. My heart, and myself because apparently I am like the wicked witch of the west. "I'm Melting!"
Oh well, "His mercies are new every morning." So I look forward to a new day.
I just wish this day would end now though. Nate and Drew are still awake and covered in snot and dog hair.
This too shall pass,
The Joyful and Tired Mom

2 comments:

  1. Man, I'm tired just reading about your day! Amazing how, even on the hardest days, they can still melt your heart with a comment.....what a rollercoaster!

    I would get more ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up, Linds. Love ya, gal.

    ReplyDelete