Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reasons I Have Become a "Blogger"

It is a sad day...a very sad day. I have succombed to my inner desires to start blogging. And as much as it scares me to make myself vulnerable in any way on a public forum I have chosen to blog for several reasons.
1) My friend Sarah has totally inspired me. She started one and I love it. You can choose to read what she has to say, or not...but she still sits down to document all of the things she has been learning as a mom-one day at a time.
2) Two of the greatest hopes I have to accomplish in this lifestime are to write a book and speak at a Women of Faith conference. I figure writing a blog wouldn't be a bad place to start.
3) By blogging it may take away some of my time spent infront of facebook. I mean honestly, how many status updates do I need to read in a day, from people I haven't spoken to in 10 years, to feel satisfied?
4) I just want a place to rave about great things (Pepperidge Farm 100% Whole Wheat Bread-I would like to pretend I am important enough for a product placement plug); or to rant about things that drive me crazy (the Dairy Queen by my house gives medium cones that are WAY TOO SMALL, do people like those from Jersey Shore really exist, and serious stuff like the rise in teen pregnancy).
5) I am a mom of 3 amazing boys, ages 4 1/2 and younger, so I can either offer advice on things I may have experience with...or help someone else feel as though they are not alone.
I hope you enjoy reading the rants and raves of a joyful and tired mom.

5 comments:

  1. I think you are going to be encouraging to many whether they have children or not. You have always been an inspiration to me and you make me smile, everytime I see you, pass your home or think of you. Go girl!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! I'll be a regular. Keep the posts and pictures coming, I can't wait to read what you have to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE BLOGS! They keep me occupied at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay..normally I am not a blog reader, but because it is you I will do it!! I love your sense of humor and am looking forward to lots of laughs! ~ Chantelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! I'm so excited you're a blogger now! I've got to get better with mine...hopefully you'll inspire me! =)

    ReplyDelete