Saturday, July 9, 2016

In Light of so Much Hate-A Picture of Love

I have been wrestling all day today with anger. With sadness. With a broken heart for those that have senselessly lost their lives on every side. For the injustice experienced by more hurting people than I can possibly wrap my mind around.
My heart aches.
My mind is spinning.
And I am mad.
And so tonight, while I remember that God  is weeping with His creation...I am going to take comfort in the truth that there is still beauty in the midst of the ugliness of this world.  And I will cherish and be thankful that my sweet child shows love, and compassion, and mercy to the hurting, to the broken hearted, to the down trodden...without judgement. Without reservation. Without hesitation. 
This is our sweet Drew, 8 years old, on vacation in Washington DC.
He saw this gentleman on our first day there. Came back the following day in front of the Natural History Museum searching for him again because he wanted to give him a goody bag he had made while at church full of: water, crackers, granola bars, tissues, hand sanitizer...and $20 of his birthday money he had been saving.  He wanted this man to have it all.
He loves in tangible ways. He didn't tweet his support.  He didn't hashtag his support. He actively showed his love and care to another human being and made this man feel valued. Made him feel as though he weren't invisible. 
So in light of the pain.  In light of the injustice.  In light of the hate.  I show you a very real picture and tangible expression of LOVE from the next generation. 
There is hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment