Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fire in the Hole!

I used to love, and I mean, LOVE, all things fitness. Running, swimming, lifting, aerobics...everything. It was a passion of mine, and I loved doing it. It was not a drag or a chore. I legit, loved everything about it. But true confession time...it has been years since I have had any fire in the belly to work hard. Every day I wake up and fight to keep my eyes open, and really have to persuade myself to work my muscles. But more often than not, my lazy self defeats my motivated self in my battle in my mind, and I end up not working out the way I used to once love doing. But this month I have decided to do Debbie Reichert's Fit and Healthy "Ab"Tastic Challenge. But here is the battle I faced when I started...I missed the first few days for one reason or another, and so the lie my brain was trying to convince me to believe was, "Well, if you didn't start on the 1st of the month, why start?" But no, I started on Day 4, and I will finish this monthly challenge because I owe it to myself to do so, and I love that my kids see me working on my core muscles; and love to see them exercise too.
Plus, I have started to train for another 1/2 marathon, and this is one more piece of an important puzzle that I haven't quite put together in a long time. So here I am, ready to run, ready to work, actually enjoying sore abs, unbelievably tired, and wishing that I could gain back some of that fire that drove me to pursue fitness years ago. The Joyful and TIRED Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment